The Osun State High Court sitting in Osogbo has declined an oral prayer from Odunolu Oluronbi and Oluyeyin royal families in Ifon-Orolu, Orolu Local Government.
The Oluyeyin royal family and some faction of Odunolu royal family had approached the court to seek for an injunction to restrain the Osun State government from continuing the process of installation of the new Olufon of Ifon.
Justice Ayo Oyebiyi while declining the order in the early hours of Tuesday 26th September 2023, recalled the granting of several orders on the same subject matter while noting the absence of representatives of other interested parties in the matter in court as a major reason for declining the order.
It would be recalled that the process to fill the vacant OLUFON stool was kickstarted early this month after several months of consultation by the relevant stakeholders.
The court later adjourned to October 12th, 2023 for further hearing on the matter.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment