The senator representing Edo North Senatorial district, Adams Oshiomhole has condemned the N30,000 minimum wage.
Oshiomhole described the current minimum wage as “criminal wage,” stressing that he pays his cleaner N60, 000.
Featuring on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, Oshiomhole said the current minimum wage was not enough for workers.
According to Oshiomhole: “What we call minimum wage is a criminal wage.
“I can tell you what I have decided to pay my cleaner. My cleaner is just a primary school – I’m not sure she even has a school leaving certificate. But she’s knowledgeable enough to clean the house.
“I found myself unable to pay her less than N60,000 – in fact, N60,000. It’s about my conscience. I’m trying to imagine what she has to pay for a house. She told me she has four children.
“I’m trying to imagine how she has to look after those children and I cannot question why she should have four children.”
- I Became Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me – Betta Edu
- ‘Not Picking Wike As Atiku’s Running Mate PDP’s Biggest Mistake’ – Omokri
- Kaduna Bombing : Northern Lawyers Break Silence , Vow To Sue FG over Kaduna
- I’m Confused Whether To Go To Senate Or Remain Minister – Lalong
- Ademakinwa: What’s Left Of Life? By ABIODUN KOMOLAFE
News4 days ago
All Set For 2023 Akoraye Day In Modakeke
News3 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News4 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead