An Ikeja Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court has sentenced a 41-year-old vulcaniser, Wasiu Ibrahim, to life imprisonment for defiling his wife’s 15-year-old niece in Lagos State.
Justice Rahman Oshodi held that the prosecution sufficiently proved the charge of defilement against Ibrahim.
Oshodi held that the convict tried to deny a statement he made, in which he confessed to have defiled the survivor (name withheld).
He said, “Mr Wasiu Ibrahim, for sexual gratification, you violated the survivor after your wife returned home from a burial.
“She had lived with you since she was 10, and called you daddy; yet, it did not deter you.
“You threatened to beat her up if she would tell anyone, after having sexual intercourse with her.
“She did not inform anyone until days later, after she was found crying at the back of a classroom at the Estate Primary School, Ogba.
The judge said Ibrahim should be ashamed and punished, noting that the state had zero tolerance for sexual crimes.
“The charge of defilement for which you have been found guilty carries a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment.
“I hereby sentence you to life imprisonment, and your name will be in the Sexual Offences Register as maintained by Lagos State.”
- Three Killed Several Wounded As Explosion Rocks Catholic Mass
- Imo Guber Election : NNPP Candidate Heads To Court, Vows To Reclaim Mandate
- Burkina, Niger To Quit G5 Anti-Jihadist Force
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment