Dr Folorunso Alakija Remains Chancellor, Osun State University -Osun Govt
The Government of Osun State has clarified that Dr Folorunso Alakija remains the Chancellor of Osun State University after the dissolution of the Governing Council of the University.
In a clarification issued on Sunday night, the State Government opined that the dissolution of the Governing Council does not affect the position of Dr Alakija who is contributing immensely to the growth and development of the University.
The position of the Chancellor is not part of the Governing Council and so the dissolution of the Council has nothing to do with the Chancellor. The Government further notes with deep appreciation the ongoing multiple support from Dr Alakija to the infrastructural growth of the University. The State values her selfless, humanitarian and philanthropic assistance to the human, physical and academic development of the university.
Mallam Olawale Rasheed,
Spokesperson to the Executive Governor
- Governor Adeleke Set To Commission Newly Completed Projects In Uniosun
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike