2023: Nigerians Not Sure Elections Will Hold On Saturday – Falana Says
A senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Femi Falana, has said there’s no guarantee that Nigeria is prepared for the general election.
Falana stated this while appearing on Arise TV programme on Tuesday.
The scarcity of naira notes following the redesign of he N200, N500, and N1000 notes, coupled with the scarcity of petrol, has led to protests in some parts of the country.
There also concerns whether the presidential and governorship elections on February 25 and March 11, will go on as scheduled.
However, Falana says, “by now, Nigerians should be fully prepared for the election.
“But unfortunately, there is no indication, and people are still saying will the election hold or not.
“Even the armed forces and the NSA spoke about the effect of cash scarcity on counter-insurgency campaigns.
“And for the masses, it is only when you have access to your money that you can be happy and ready for the election,” He maintained..
- Ayeni Gives N60M Worth Of Projects To Constituency To Mark 62nd Birthday Anniversary
- Obidients: Man Arrested At Abuja Airport Mentally Challenged – Lawyer Seeks Treatment
- Arewa Consultative Forum Seeks Arrest, Prosecution Of Advocates Of Interim Govt
- Police Arrest Lawyers Filing Tribunal Petitions For APC
- 82,000 Nigerian Women Die Annually From Pregnancy, Childbirth Complications – UNICEF
News4 days ago
Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC
Opinion4 days ago
[OPINION]2023 Presidential Election: The Deceit, Arrogance Of Peter Obi & Datti Baba-Ahmed In Misleading Their Gullible Followers By Adeboye Adebayo
News2 days ago
Breaking: Pandemonium In Osogbo As Correctional Vehicle Hit Minibus, 2 Injured
News4 days ago
Emefiele Begs NLC Not To Protest Over Naira Scarcity