The former Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, is currently in the Makurdi custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, following an invitation, The PUNCH has learnt.
Ortom arrived at the Makurdi zonal office of the anti-graft agency, located at Alor Gordon Street, at 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
It was gathered that the former governor was invited to be questioned concerning an ongoing investigation into alleged financial misappropriation during his tenure as an official.
“Former governor Ortom is currently at our Makurdi zonal office in Benue State. He arrived at about 10 a.m. this morning, and he’s still there now. He was invited over an ongoing investigation concerning alleged misappropriation of funds during his time in office,” an impeccable source said.
The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, didn’t respond to phone calls and text messages sent to his phone by our correspondent concerning the development.
More to Follow
- Amotekun Arrest Man For Trafficking 5 Young Boys In Osun
- Muslim Group Berates Malicious Publication On Ex-NAHCON Chief
- 3 Host Communities: Protest Against Segilola Mining Company Baseless, Uncalled For
- CAGraM Sacks General Secretary Over Gross Misconduct, Insubordination
- National Islamic Centre Reiterates Commitment To Propagation Of Islam
Entertainment1 day ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
Entertainment4 days ago
Osun Based Islamic Singer, Mufuliat Abiyamo Condoles With Yeye Dupe, Family Over Husband’s Death
News5 days ago
Photos: Ongoing Hunger Protest In Osogbo
News4 days ago
NLC Protesters Storm National Assembly