EFCC Denies Raiding Tinubu’s Home For Alleged N400bn Cash
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has denied raiding the home of the presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
It also said it did not retrieve any N400billion either from the candidate or his residence.
It described a trending report in the social media as fake news.
The commission’s Head of Media and Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren made the clarifications in a statement.
The statement reads: “The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to a report circulating in the social media, claiming that operatives of the Commission raided the home of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, standard-bearer of the All Progressives Congress(APC) , in the forthcoming presidential elections and recovered a humongous sum of N400billion.
“The Commission wishes to state that no such operation was carried out by the EFCC. The public is enjoined to disregard the report as fake news.”
- Obidients: Man Arrested At Abuja Airport Mentally Challenged – Lawyer Seeks Treatment
- Arewa Consultative Forum Seeks Arrest, Prosecution Of Advocates Of Interim Govt
- Police Arrest Lawyers Filing Tribunal Petitions For APC
- 82,000 Nigerian Women Die Annually From Pregnancy, Childbirth Complications – UNICEF
- BREAKING: APC Suspends Lauretta Onochie From Party, Gives Reason
News4 days ago
Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC
Opinion4 days ago
[OPINION]2023 Presidential Election: The Deceit, Arrogance Of Peter Obi & Datti Baba-Ahmed In Misleading Their Gullible Followers By Adeboye Adebayo
News2 days ago
Breaking: Pandemonium In Osogbo As Correctional Vehicle Hit Minibus, 2 Injured
News4 days ago
Emefiele Begs NLC Not To Protest Over Naira Scarcity