A traditional chief identified as Gbenga Okotore has been reportedly killed by unknown gunmen in Okutu-Ope community, Ilesha, Osun State.
It was gathered that the attackers shot Okotore at a close range.
The armed men reportedly shot sporadically into the air before killing their target.
Speaking on the incident, a resident of the town, Adekunle Adegbola said that the deceased might have been trailed to the spot where he was murdered.
Adegbola further explained that they heard the sound of gunshots when the incident happened but could not move closer to the place for the fear of being killed too.
Confirming the incident, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Yemisi Opalola said that the perpetrators of the act would be apprehended.
“Okotore was a chief, a community leader in the area. We have commenced work on the incident and those involved will not escape justice,” the PPRO stated.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries