Some unknown gunmen have reportedly killed the uncle (name yet to be known) of the spokesperson for the Coalition of United Political Parties, Ikenga Ugochinyere.
According to Ugochinyere in a seemingly distressed tweet on Twitter Saturday afternoon, the unknown persons are also setting a house ablaze, suspected to be his residence.
“We need help in Akokwa Ideato North Local Government Area, Imo State.. My uncle has been killed now.. They are setting everything on fire. Please help,” he tweeted.
Confirming the development, the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Omoyele Sowore, in a tweet, said, “I just received distress call from @IkengaImo in the last few minutes that his house is surrounded by elements believed to be assassins sent by Imo State Govt and his uncle had just been killed. Security agents must protect @IkengaImo of CUPP and ensure his total safety!”
The police spokesperson in the state, Michael Abattam, is yet to respond to calls and texts from our correspondent on the development.
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion4 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News1 day ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News4 days ago
2023: JDPMC Inaugurates Rapid Response Team To Swiftly Respond To Reported Cases Of Gender Based Violence