The House of Representatives, today, sent out a member for improper dressing.
The member, who was on T-shirt and jeans, walked in towards the end of the day’s proceedings, and sat in the section used as an alternative Chamber by the members.
Raising a point of order, Billy Osaweru (APC, Edo) drew the attention of the House to the mode of dressing, which he said contravened the dress code for members of the House.
The House rules prescribe suit and tie or complete traditional attire for members attending plenary.
Raising the point of order, Osaweru said: “Mr. Speaker, our rules state the need for proper dressing while coming for plenary.
“Mr. Speaker, if you look upstairs, there is a member in Chamber wearing a T-shirt and jean trousers.”
While Osaweru was raising the point of order, the member stood up and walked out of the Chamber with Speaker Tajudeen Abbas saying “point of order complied with”.
- Oluwo Reitrates Commitment To Nigeria’s Unity
- Ministry of Interior: Tunji-Ojo Executing Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda
- JUST IN: World Bank Approves Fresh $700m Loan For Nigeria
- Tinubu Records At Chicago University Will Shock Nigerians – Atiku
- How My Boyfriend Squandered My N10m – Anambra Orphan Tells Court
News5 days ago
Wade Into Corruption Issue In FRIN Before It Gets Out Of Hand, Activist Tells Tinubu
News3 days ago
JUST IN :Police Exhumes Mohbad’s Body For Autopsy
News3 days ago
Mohbad’s Death: What Will Happen If Naira Marley, Others Found Guilty – Abba
News4 days ago
Breaking] Rectorship Dispute: Osun Govt Reopens OSPOLY