JUST IN : Appeal Court Sacks Abacha As Kano PDP Guber Candidate
The Court of Appeal sitting in Kano has sacked Mohammed Abacha as the Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate in the state.
The court on Friday set aside the judgment of a High Court that recognised Abacha as the PDP standard bearer in the state.
The court also ordered that Sadiq Wali, who was earlier recognised by the Independent National Electoral Commission, remained the valid governorship candidate.
Delivering the anonymous judgement, Justice Usman Musale-led three-man panel held that Abacha had no locus standi to challenge the primary election that produced Wali since he never participated in the poll.
More To Follow
- Jubilation In Osun Over Appeal Court Judgment
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election