The Department of State Services has revealed that the suspended governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, is not in its custody.
This was made known via the agency’s Twitter handle on Saturday, June 10, 2023.
The post read, “Currently, Emefiele is not with the DSS.”
CityMirror reports that President Bola Tinubu suspended Emefiele from office with immediate effect on Friday night.
Following his suspension, Emefiele was directed to immediately hand over the affairs of his office to the Deputy Governor (Operations Directorate), who will act as the CBN governor pending the conclusion of the investigation and the reforms.
Unconfirmed reports emerged late on Friday that operatives of the Department of State Services had arrested the suspended CBN governor.
However, the spokesman for the DSS, Peter Afunaya, told one of our correspondents that he could not confirm the arrest.
- Ministry of Interior: Tunji-Ojo Executing Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda
- JUST IN: World Bank Approves Fresh $700m Loan For Nigeria
- Tinubu Records At Chicago University Will Shock Nigerians – Atiku
- How My Boyfriend Squandered My N10m – Anambra Orphan Tells Court
- 17-Year-Old Secondary School Student Commits Su!cide In Benue
News5 days ago
Wade Into Corruption Issue In FRIN Before It Gets Out Of Hand, Activist Tells Tinubu
News3 days ago
JUST IN :Police Exhumes Mohbad’s Body For Autopsy
News2 days ago
Mohbad’s Death: What Will Happen If Naira Marley, Others Found Guilty – Abba
News3 days ago
Breaking] Rectorship Dispute: Osun Govt Reopens OSPOLY