Road Accidents kill 25 Persons In Osun, Oyo, Ondo In February – FRSC
The Federal Road Safety Corps ( FRSC), Wednesday, said no fewer than 25 persons loss their lives in various road accidents in Osun , Oyo and Ondo states in the month of February, 2023.
Mr Jatau Meshach, the Zonal Commanding Officer (ZCO) in charge of the three states, said this in a statement by the Zonal Public Education Officer, Kolawole Alabi, on Wednesday in Osogbo.
Meshach said 25 persons loss their lives in 60 road traffic accidents across the zone involving about 308 accident victims.
He said that 140 of the accident victims got injured within the period under review while about 143 others sustained no injury.
“We recorded 25 deaths in the month of February in 60 different road accidents involving 308 passengers. However, 140 passengers got injured while 143 others sustained no injuries.
According to Meshach, the zone was able to make arrest of 2,109 traffic offenders in Osun , Oyo and Ondo states.
“The zone arrested 2,109 road violators in 2,374 traffic offenses and we were able to educate 1,809 persons on road traffic regulations.
The ZCO cautioned motorists in the zone against dangerous driving which might lead to loss of lives and properties.
Meshach, however, said that the zone issued out 3,995 drivers licenses to road users in the month of Feb.
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC