Suspected oil thieves in the early hours of Saturday vandalised a pipeline belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) in the Idimu area of Lagos State in an attempt to steal Premium Motor Spirit, (PMS) popularly called petrol or fuel.
Their nefarious activity, was, however, thwarted by the personnel from the Lagos Police Command who stormed the site.
The oil thieves were said to have abandoned their tools and fled the site after the police personnel stormed the site.
Lagos Command Police spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident via his verified Twitter handle.
He explained that the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa, had visited the site.
Hundeyin tweeted: “CP Idowu Owohunwa at a site in Idimu where oil thieves at about 2 am today gained access to an NNPC pipe, filling their tanker with PMS. The oil thieves absconded, abandoning their truck and tools, upon sighting police officers who responded swiftly upon being notified.”
- 2024 Budget: FG To Spend Over N23bn On Rehabilitation Of Airport, Aerodromes, Others
- There’s Sufficient Naira Notes For Economic Activities, CBN Assures Nigerians
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News3 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News2 days ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.
South West News4 days ago
Past Olubadans Aware Ogburo Town Belongs To Iwo-Osun Monarchs, Chiefs