Man Arraigned For Tampering With IBEDC Meter In Osogbo
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Monday, arraigned a man, Israel Thankgod before a Federal High Court, sitting in Osogbo, Capital of Osun State, for tampering with electric meter.
The defendant was accused of by-passing a prepaid meter belonging to Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC).
According to the charge sheet obtained by CityMirrorNews, the accused person committed the offence on August 12, 2022 at plot 4, Olu Alabi Way, GRA in Osogbo capital of Osun State.
The alleged offence, according to the NSCDC legal Counsel T.J Ajayi , contravened Section 1(10) of the Miscellaneous Offence Act, Cap M17, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and punishable under the same section.
But the defendant pleaded not guilty to the one count charge of felony to wit: tampering with IBEDC allegation levelled against him.
In his ruling, Justice Emmanuel Ayoola admitted the accused person to bail in the sum of N2m with one surety in the like sum.
Justice Ayoola ordered that the surety must be a clergy man or woman.
He, thereafter, adjourned case till April 26 for trial.
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC