The Federal Government on Wednesday revealed that the sum of $1 billion has been recovered since the inception of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to date.
The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, stated this while briefing correspondents on the outcomes of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Malami affirmed that the recovered assets had been deployed to various sectors of the economy including poverty alleviation.
He announced the council’s approval of the new Anti-corruption Strategy Document to strengthen the anti-graft fight in the country.
The minister expressed the government’s concern over cases of budget padding, which he described as worrisome, noting that every necessary measure would be explored to address it.
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
New Webometric Ranking: OAU Emerges 2ND