The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) have struck the enclave of a notorious gunrunner, Mallam Ila, in Zamfara.
The hideout was located at Manawa village in Shinkafi Local Government Area.
A NAF aircraft under Operation Hadarin Daji shelled the area in the evening of November 18.
Ila was the major supplier of sophisticated weapons to notorious terrorist, Bello Turji.
The military says he is a high-value target due to his closeness to Turji and Dan Bokoyo. Their footsoldiers carried out attacks in the Shinkafi axis as well as parts of Kaduna, Niger, Kebbi and Sokoto states.
A defence operative told PRNigeria that scores of terrorists were eliminated during the operation.
“Multiple explosions were observed with huge fireballs, indicative of other highly inflammable materials hidden in the location,” the source said.
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
- Ex-Sierra Leone President Under House Arrest Amid Coup Investigation
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News1 day ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.