THE Court of Appeal in Abuja has reserved judgment in the two appeals by the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its candidate in the last governorship election in Osun State, Adegboyega Oyetola. A three-member panel of the court took the decision on Friday after entertaining arguments from lawyers to parties. The APC and Oyetola are among others, praying the appellate court to set aside the September 30, 2022 judgment by Justice Emeka Nwite of the Federal High Court, Abuja. Nation Report
Justice Nwite, in the judgment, voided the nomination of Oyetola and his deputy governorship candidate, Benedict Alabi as APC’s candidates in the election on July 16, 2022.
Justice Emeka Nwite, in a judgment on Friday, held among others, that Governor Mai Mala Buni (the then Chairman of the APC’s caretaker committee) who submitted their names to INEC violated the provisions of Section 183 of the Constitution and Section 82(3) of the Electoral Act 2022.
The judgment was on the suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/468/2022filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) against Mala Buni and four others.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News3 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News3 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt