30 Abducted FGC Birnin Yauri Students Regain Freedom
Thirty out of the 102 abducted students of the Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri, have arrived at Birnin Kebbi, the Kebbi state capital following their release from captivity.
This was disclosed in a statement issued by Yahaya Sarki, the Special Adviser, Media, to Kebbi state governor.
“Today Thursday, the 21st of October, 2021 thirty (30) students of the Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri have arrived at Birnin Kebbi, the Kebbi state capital following their release, while efforts are still continuing to secure the release of the remaining.
“They shall undergo medical screening and support while being reunited with their families.
“We thank all those who have helped in securing the release, while congratulating Mr. President, Muhammadu Buhari for the success,” the statement read.
Kebbi state government has indefinitely shut down seven schools in the wake of the armed attack of Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri Thursday, the Nigerian Union of Teachers has confirmed. The schools are located on the frontlines of the areas prone to bandit attacks. In the latest attack, students and…
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike
- Health Workers Suspend Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu