News
Just In: ISWAP Behind Ondo Catholic Church Attack –FG
The Federal Government has linked the fighters of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) to the attack on a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo State.
The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this on Thursday while briefing State House reporters after a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
He said the government had been able to locate the perpetrators of the Owo attack and zeroed in on ISWAP terrorist group.
The minister, who briefed alongside Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, said security agencies had been directed to go after the perpetrators of the act and bring them to justice.
The minister said the group was out to pitch Nigerians against one another and make it appear as ethno-religious war.
He said there was no ethnic agenda in the attack, urging Nigerians to unite and defeat the terrorists.
Scores of worshippers were killed while others injured during Sunday’s attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo.
-
News4 days agoOsun: University Of Ilesa Gets Fully Furnished Moot Court Facility
-
News4 days agoEmbrace Education As Tool For Character Formation Rather Than Mere Certification- Prof Ali Charges Universities
-
News2 days agoOsogbo Living Spring Lions Club Urges Govt To Intensify Eye Health Awareness, Sponsors Cataract Surgeries In Osun
-
News4 days agoFADOJOE Celebrates NRM National Chairman, Chinedu Obi, on 61st Birthday
