The Abakaliki Diocese of the Catholic Church in Ebonyi state has been thrown into mourning following the death of the priest of St Patrick’s Parish, Ezza Ofu, Rev. Fr. Raymond Eselu, who died in his car while returning from the burial ceremony of a fellow priest.
The Diocesan Chancellor of the Abakaliki Diocese, Fr. Matthew Uzoma Opoke, in a statement Sunday said, Eselu was “confirmed dead at the Alex Ekweme Federal Teaching Hospital, after an auto crash which occurred in front of St.Theresa’s Cathedral, Abakaliki.
“Fr. Raymond Eselu, 47, had attended the burial ceremony of the Parish Priest of St. Paul’s Parish Amudo, Ezza LGA, Fr. Christopher Agwu, who died on August 4, after battling a terminal illness.
“It was gathered that Eselu left the event and was driving to see his doctor when he passed on, leaving the car to roll and stop abruptly. Agwu and Eselu were ordained on July 6, 1996, and July 7, 2007, respectively.
“His Lordship, Most Rev. Peter Nworie Chukwu, described Eselu, as a brilliant, jovial, dedicated and workaholic priest, who took delight in celebrating the mass.
“He will be buried on September 6 after a requiem mass,” the statement said. (Ripples Nigeria)
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries