A few days after the office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was set ablaze by unknown gunmen in Ebonyi State, another facility belonging to the commission has been burnt down.
The development was disclosed on Sunday by the National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye.
In a statement, Okoye said the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for the state, Prof. Sylvia Uchenna Agu, reported the incident which occurred in Oru West Local Government Area during an attack.
He said, “Overall, this is the 7th attack on our facilities in five states of the federation in the last four months.
“Once again, the commission expresses its concern on the consequences of what appears to be a systematic attack on its facilities across the country on the conduct of elections in particular and electoral activities in general.”
He stated that the attention of the security operatives in the state has been drawn to this latest incident for investigation.
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Foreign News5 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News5 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News5 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies