Following the demise of Ifeanyi, the son of Afrobeats superstar Davido, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Osun State has suspended political activities for the week.
Davido, who is the cousin to Osun Governor-elect Ademola Adeleke, reportedly lost his son after he was drown in a poll in Lagos State.
A statement by Osun Caretaker Chairman of PDP, Dr Adekunle Akindele, expressed sadness over the incident and prayed with the family for God to console them.
“Following the death of Ifeanyi, all party activities are hereby suspended to commiseration with the family of Adeleke.
“We mourn the sorrowful exit of our son, Ifeanyi. We pray for the repose of his soul. It is a sad day but we remain steadfast in our faith in the Lord of the Universe.
“Our condolence goes to Davido, our youth ambassador. We commiserate with our father figure, Dr Deji Adeleke and the entire Adeleke family. We pray the good Lord grant the family the strength to bear this irreparable loss,” the statement reads.
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies