Individuals, commercial and private vehicles deserted the roads in the state capital for fear of being shot by IPOB operatives.
As a result, it said all markets, parks, schools, airports and others would be shut down.
The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, and the police had also asked the people to ignore the separatist group’s sit-at-home order.
But The PUNCH reports that commercial banks, schools, shops, malls, were all shut in Owerri on Monday morning.
Also, commercial and private vehicles deserted the roads in the state capital for fear of being shot by IPOB operatives.
Efforts to get the reaction of the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Bala Elkana, proved abortive as his line was switched off as of the time of filing this report.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Funke Akindele:Stop Blaming Successful women When Marriages Fail ― Blessing CEO
- Abuja-Kaduna Train: Kidnap Victims’ Families Beg Reps For Intervention
- Ebonyi Govt House Photographer Kidnapped In Abia
- ThursdayRapAround: Nigeria’s NASS And Their Endless List Of Probes
- New Moon Sighted In S’Arabia, Sallah Day Announced
News4 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News2 days ago
Adeleke University Students Donate Materials To Primary Schools In The Community
News2 days ago
Osun Monarch, Olowu Of Kuta Warns Critics To Desist From Media Terrorism Against Buratai
News3 days ago
Guber Poll: Osun Muslim Community Sues For Peace, As Political Parties Gear Up For Election