A group within the ruling All Progressives Congress APC in Osun State,
The Osun Progressives (TOP), has approached the Federal High Court sitting in Osogbo over the ward congress held on July 31st, 2021.
Members of TOP are the loyalists of the former Governor of the state and current Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.
The group approached the court to challenge the legality or otherwise of the congress presided over by Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye-led committee.
According to a document sighted by CityMirrorNews, the suit was filed by Yusuf Asifat Makanjuola and 2,516 others as plaintiff, while The All Progressives Congress is the first defendant.
“Being Bonafide Members of the 1st Defendant’s And aspirants in the elective positions in the various Wards in the 30 Local Governments in Osun State For themselves and all other Aspirants/ Candidates who paid prescribed fees for Procurement of nomination forms for the Purpose of contesting the 1st Defendant’s Elective positions in Osun State during the Congress which was supposed to be held on the 31st of July, 2021but were wrongly excluded or prevented from participating by voting or being voted for,” the document reads partly.
Other defendants are; The Chairman Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Committee of thr APC, Mai Mala Buni; The Chairman Osun State Ward Congress Appeal Committee, Ambassador Obed Wadzani; The Chairman Osun State Ward Congress Committee, Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye; the Osun State chapter of the APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission as 2nd to 6th defendants.
- An Estimated 600,000 Nigerians Have Died In The Past Six Years Due To Usages Of Charcoal, Kerosene – Osinbajo
- Bullying: Our Value System Is Upside Down – VC, Babcock University
- Nigeria’s insecurity will help investors make more money: Femi Adesina
- Woman Alleged Of Having Affairs With Offa Poly Rector Reacts, Describes Ex-Husband As A Sinking Fellow Who Wants To Pull People Down
- “We Have Arrested Two Dowen students At Large, Three In Police Custody On Sylvester Oromoni” – Lagos CP
News3 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Police Reveal Identity Of Officer Who Kill Rig Operator In Osogbo
News5 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition