The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, was rushed out of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday, after he slumped at a programme.
Bawa, slumped at a programme at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Bawa was speaking on the importance of digital identification in commemoration of the National Identity Day when he suddenly became emotional, attributing his demeanour to the death of a staff of the commission.
He, however, did not give details of the identity of the staff.
Shortly after he said he couldn’t continue his speech and then walked off the stage, sat in his chair and slumped.
The EFCC boss was then immediately rushed out of the hall, accompanied by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Mr Isa Panatami.
Shortly after, Mr Pantami returned to the hall and said he was now in a stable condition.
The event continued thereafter.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Five Things You Should Know About Monkeypox
- 2023: Tinubu Is The Solution To Nigeria’s Challenges – Oluwo
- Amotekun Intercepts 168 Invaders With Charms Hiding Under Cows
- How Inmate Of Owerri Correctional Centre Has Spent 14 Years Awaiting Trial
- Ogbomoso Kidnappings, Killing: Oyo Residents Stage Peaceful Protest, Call For Govts Action
News4 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Kill Man, Daughter Few Hours After Wife Put To Bed In Osogbo
News4 days ago
The Man Tafa Balogun, How He Was Forced Out Of Police
News5 days ago
Bishop Olubadejo Charges Christians To Always Praise God, As Deacones Akintade Marks 60th Birthday
News3 days ago
Fear Grips Residents As Gunmen Invade Osun Community, Shoot At One