The insurgents reportedly proceeded straight to the military formation in Katarko, shooting sporadically and later set the base on fire.
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents invaded Katarko community in Gujba Local Government Council of Yobe State, setting ablaze a primary school and a healthcare centre.
Residents of the community say the insurgents stormed the community at about 5:30 am on Tuesday, March 16, when they were going to the mosque for prayers and started shooting sporadically in the air.
The insurgents reportedly proceeded straight to the military formation in Katarko shooting sporadically and later set the base on fire
Katarko community which is 18 kilometers south of Damaturu the state capital, has been under attack over 10 times.
The state government or the state police command is yet to comment on the development and also disclose if there were any casualties.
- No Eid-el-fitri Wednesday, Ramadan Fast Continues – NSCIA
- 6 Ondo Students Bag ADRG Maiden Scholarship Award
- Osun Govt Shuts Central Mosque Over Unresolved Crisis
- Breaking: Remains Of Dare Adeboye Laid To Rest
- Polongo Jesu, Yinka Testimony, Remi Bamigbopa, Others Storm Osogbo As Evang Bunmi Launches New Album
News5 days ago
Osun PDP Describes Adeleke As A Man Of Rare Courage As He Bags A Degree In Criminal Justice
News3 days ago
Afe Babalola Dares Presidency, Goes Ahead With Plan To Organise National Confab Despite FG Warning
News5 days ago
Just In: 8 ‘Unknown Gunmen’ Killed, Vehicles Recovered In Imo
News4 days ago
Police Arrest Eight ‘Notorious’ Kidnappers In Osun