Nigeria Union of journalists,Osun state council has declared seven day mourning period in honour of an executive member of the union,Mrs Folakemi Alone who died yesterday after a brief illness.
A statement by the chairman of the union, Comrade Wasiu Ajadosu and Secretary,Comrade Bukola Elufadejin said the union will put all its activities on hold within the period.
The statement who noted that Mrs Folakemi who worked with Osun state broadcasting corporation before her death was a committed and dedicated member of the union.
The vacuum she left as ex -Officio would be very difficult to fill by the union especially her contributions to the success recorded by the union in the recent time.
It is the prayer of the union that God Almighty will grant the family,relatives and NUJ the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
- Breaking: Buhari Sacks Service Chiefs, Names Replacements
- Shafaudeen Faithfuls, Others Laud Gov Makinde On Proposed Job Creation
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte Resigns
- Come And Swear With Your Children If I Had Anything With You, Sunday Igboho Challenges Ojudu
- Abuja Under Siege By Bandits As DSS, Army Hunt Agitators In South-east