President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged by the House of Representatives on Tuesday to declare a state of emergency on unemployment due to theworsening insecurity in the country.
This came via the adoption of a resolution by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, on the consideration of its reports on the National Security Summit.
The Deputy Speaker of the House, Rep Ahmed Wase, presided over the consideration of the reports.
In his motion, Gbajabiamila said the summit was held to generate ideas in tackling insecurity in the country, adding that the committee met with stakeholders and security experts in which suggestions were provided.
He said subsequently, the recommendations of the report were voted and adopted by the lawmakers.
NAN reports that in April, the House set up an ad hoc committee to organise the Security Summit as part of efforts to restore peace across the country.
The lawmakers, however, passed a resolution asking Buhari to declare a state of emergency over the nation’s security challenges.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria