Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who belong to The Osun Progressives (TOP) caucus of the party were yesterday attacked by hoodlums.
The TOP members, according to eye witnesses, were attacked around 5pm at St John’s Grammar, Oke Atan, Ilode Area, Ile-Ife, the venue of the meeting.
It was gathered that the hoodlums who were about 20 in number stormed the venue of the meeting with guns, cutlasses and clubs, and started unleashing attack on the TOP members.
“They wounded me on my left leg. They beat and left Tony to die, Hon. Rafiu was beaten like a baby. Alhaji Apari was wounded, photos don’t lie. May we all live to see the end of evil perpetrators. I’m still on treatment bed.”
Barr Gbenga Awosode, one of the APC leaders in Ife-East Local Government, also confirmed the attack.
It was learnt that the case had been reported at Agano Police Station.
Some of the victims of the attack according to Owojori are Alhaji Muritala lawal, Anthony Adeyemo, Hon. Oyewole Rafiu, Kunle Oguntoke, Owojori Sikiru, Iyabo Olufisayo, Ademola Adegoke, Awosemo Kehinde and Ayinla Serifat among others.
- Meet Alh Omogbolahan Adisa, A Man Of Many Parts
- Youth Engagement Panacea To Insecurity, Says APC Presidential Aspirant, Jack-Rich
- Osun Guber: Oyetola Campaign Council Condemns Attack On Supporters, Journalists
- Osun 2022: NUJ Condemns Attack On Its Members, Urges Police To Fish Out The Perpetrators
- Osun 2022: Traditional Rulers Throw Weight Behind Oyetola’s Re-election
News3 days ago
2023 Presidency: Mammoth Crowd Storms Ataoja’s Palace, Welcomes Osinbajo To Osogbo
News2 days ago
RCCG Protests In Osun Over Killing Of Deborah, As Soyinka Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Abuja Chief Imam
Crime4 days ago
33-year-old Man Remanded For Allegedly Hacking N-Power Account
News3 days ago
Let Me Assist Osun PDP A Little