The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji on Saturday would honour Senator Rochas Okorocha with an award as ‘The outstanding friend of Ibadanland”.
In a notification letter sent to the senator, the Olubadan said the award is in recognition of the former Governor’s contribution to education of indigent children.
This was done through the establishment of tuition-free schools, Rochas Foundation Colleges in Ibadan, Oyo State.
Twenty-five thousand indigent children and 6,000 from Oyo have benefitted from Okorocha’s free education programme.
The award would also cap the grand finale of the 2021 Ibadan cultural festival celebrations at the Liberty Stadium.
Several years back, Senator Okorocha established the Rochas Foundation Colleges in Sokoto, Zaria, Yola, Bauchi, Kano, Jos, Ibadan, Calabar, Enugu, Owerri, and Ogboko in Imo state.
The college provides free education for indigent children.
The gesture was expanded to 55 African countries where indigent children are randomly selected and given free education up to university level.
- Eid-il-fitri: Osun LG Commissioner Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Uphold Lessons Of Ramadan
- Sallah: Osun Political Affairs Commissioner, Akeju Felicitates Muslims, Urges National Peace
- RUGIPO Management Denies Asset Sharing Allegations
- Eid-El-Fitri: Olowu Congratulates Muslims, Urges To Propagate Peace
- Kidnappers Kill Kaduna Boy After Collecting N5m Ransom
News5 days ago
Afe Babalola Dares Presidency, Goes Ahead With Plan To Organise National Confab Despite FG Warning
News5 days ago
Iwo/Ile Ogbo Communal Clash: How Palace Guard Killed Policeman
News3 days ago
God Will Not Forgive Buhari – Aare Gani Adams
News4 days ago
You’re A Blessing To Yoruba Race, Aremo Felicitates Asiwaju Tunde Badmus At 75