The remains of Aladeoki Jelil Kayode, a police Constabulary who was killed by armed robbers during an attack on two new generation banks in Iree, Boripe Local Government Area of Osun, have been buried amid tears.
He was killed on Thursday when the armed robbers stormed the United Bank of Africa, UBA, and Access bank located around popular Poly junction.
The daredevils were said to have escaped through Ada town.
CityMirrorNews learnt that the robbers arrived at the two banks, in the same location at 3:50 p.m. and operated for about 30 minutes.
A witness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said two persons were killed during the robbery, while an unspecified amount was carted away.
It was also gathered about five persons sustained gunshots injuries.
CityMirrorNews gathered the some angry youths after the robbery attack mobbed the police station located besides banks.
Confirming the incident, the Spokesperson, Osun Police Command, Yemisi Opalola, said she could not yet ascertain the number of casualties.
Ms Opalola said police officers deployed to the area were already after the fleeing suspected armed robbers.
She said the suspected armed robbers abandoned their operation vehicles at the scene, adding that full details would be provided on the incident later.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Lagos Bans Okada In Four More LGAs
- Just In: Ogun Confirms 4 Monkeypox Cases
- LG Poll: Oyetola Won’t Allow Any Irritant To Dictate For Him, Famodun Tells PDP
- Subsidy Investigations: Our Statutory Role Is Tax Enforcement, Collection, Not Use Of Funds, FIRS Explains
- Just In: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Sen Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Election