Many shop owners at the popular Araromi Auto Spare Parts Market at Agodi-Gate, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Saturday April 3, 2021, woke up to a sad atmosphere as midnight inferno has razed hundreds of shops.
Eyewitnesses who lived close to the market revealed that the fire started at Friday midnight till Saturday morning.
They said although distress calls were made to the Oyo State Fire Service, the prompt response of the fire fighters did not help as the roads leading to the scene have been blocked by auto engines of different sizes dumped on the road.
Early this morning, traders were seen packing off the spare parts from the road to give way for fire fighters to get to the scene and stop the raging inferno.
An unconfirmed source said the fire started from a nearby dumpsite, adding that fire was put the dumpsite unmonitored.
It would be recalled that fire also razed Akesan market recently, and its reconstruction by the Oyo State Government is near completion.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Get Affordable Luxury Home At SQUARE By Lagoon Court, See How To Apply
- Omokri Explains N122m Refund By PDP NWC Members, Accuses Tinubu’s Camp
- PDP Reacts To Alleged Bribery Allegation, As NWC Members Return Money
- LAWMA: Day-old Baby Found In Ikoyi Dustbin
- 2023 Election Cases: Be Honest In Your Rulings, Buhari Begs Judiciary
Entertainment4 days ago
Popular Nigerian Nollywood Actress Under Fire For Sharing Sex Toys At Mother’s Remembrance
News4 days ago
Just In: Deposed Monarch Regains Throne
News2 days ago
Nigerian Man Deported For Killing Parrot A Month After Relocating To Canada
News5 days ago
Osun MAOS Gets Acting Executives