Osun state chapter of New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) has commended Governor Gboyega Oyetola on a bold step he took on the regulation of commercial motorcyclists in the state.
The state government had earlier given all commercial motorcycle operators two weeks ultimatum for full documentation and limited their operations to 8pm daily.
In a swift reaction, the state chairman of NNPP, Dr. Oluwatosin Odeyemi said the action is commendable considering the fact that some notorious elements are now using okada to perpetrate evil on the innocent citizens.
Hoping for full compliant by the okada operators, NNPP however cautioned the state government on outright banning of okada, noted it’s the only source of income for at least 40 percent populace.
He stressed that suspending okada operations in a state like Osun will surely backfire, as the end result will surely not be palatable for government and citizens at large.
- I’m Coming For Killer Herdsmen In Ogun – Sunday Igboho
- Nigeria Reports Second Highest Daily COVID-19 Deaths As Cases Soar
- Nigeria’s Land Borders Porous- Interior Minister, Aregbesola
- DSS Pledges To Unravel The Death Of Police Corporal Allegedly Killed By Its Operatives In Osun
- Olaiya Flyover: Osun To Do Three-hour Demo Closure Tomorrow