Goods worth millions of naira have been destroyed as a massive fire swept through a market at Adeniji Adele, Lagos Island area of Lagos on Sunday.
Traders were left to bemoan their losses as 14 shops and 16 kiosks were razed in the inferno.
The fire began around 3:13am on Sunday.
Director General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu said upon arrival of the LASEMA’s Response Team, it was revealed that the inferno emanated from an unknown shop as a result of electrical/power surge, thereby escalating to other shops on the array lines.
“A total number of sixteen (16) kiosks and fourteen (14) shops were affected by the inferno whilst the rest of the shops were salvaged.
“Properties and goods were salvaged by the Emergency Responders (Federal Fire, LASG Fire, Nigeria Police and the LASEMA Response Team) as efforts were made to put out the inferno completely,” he said.
- Gov Ikpeazu Dissolves State Executive Council
- Breaking: APC Postpones Membership Registration
- Sunday Igboho: You Can’t Threaten Us With War, Afenifere Dares ACF
- Meet Adekunle Sikiru Yakub (ABACUS); Candidate, National Publicity Secretary, Ospoly Iree Alumni Association
- Fulani Herdsmen: FG Must Treat Southwest Issue With Caution, Says Dino Melaye
News5 days ago
Osun Assistant Commissioner Of Police, 2 Officers In Trouble Over Alleged Killing Of Ram Merchant
News4 days ago
Pan Yoruba Summit: It’s Unpatriotic For Yinka Odumakin To Say They Were Not Properly Briefed, Says Adeboye Adebayo
News5 days ago
Crisis Brews In Enugu Community Over Seniority Claims
News3 days ago
Seven Kidnappers Arrested In Osun As Two Other Abducted Travellers Regain Freedom