The Osun state House of Assembly has passed the State of Osun Local Government Areas Creation and Administration Amendment No 4 bill 2020 into law.
The bill was passed during plenary sitting on Thursday at the floor of the house of assembly Complex Osogbo.
The Speaker of the Parliament, Rt. Hon. Timothy Owoeye in his remarks stated that the bill would put stop to illegal impeachment in various area councils of the state.
He noted that no Parliamentarian has power to remove any council chairman again.
According to him, “Henceforth, no parliamentarian has power to remove any chairman unless put into paper before the house of assembly”.
He said the house of assembly has put a stop to impeachment of chairmen across all the various local councils of the state.
“Order 39c of the standing rules of the house has being suspended henceforth” he added.
He urged the executive to urgently assent into the bill for the benefit of the people and entire at large.
- Amotekun Arrest Man For Trafficking 5 Young Boys In Osun
- Muslim Group Berates Malicious Publication On Ex-NAHCON Chief
- 3 Host Communities: Protest Against Segilola Mining Company Baseless, Uncalled For
- CAGraM Sacks General Secretary Over Gross Misconduct, Insubordination
- National Islamic Centre Reiterates Commitment To Propagation Of Islam
Entertainment1 day ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
Entertainment4 days ago
Osun Based Islamic Singer, Mufuliat Abiyamo Condoles With Yeye Dupe, Family Over Husband’s Death
News5 days ago
Photos: Ongoing Hunger Protest In Osogbo
News5 days ago
NLC Protesters Storm National Assembly