The Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Tanko Muhammad, has tested positive for COVID-19.
He is presently in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, receiving treatment.
According to The Nation, a member of the Supreme Court, Justice Ibrahim Saulawa, disclosed this at the unveiling of the national headquarters of the Muslim Lawyers’ Association of Nigeria (MULAN) on Tuesday in Abuja.
Justice Muhammad was absent at the swearing-in of 72 new Senior Advocates of Nigeria on Monday.
His duty was performed by the next most senior Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Olabode Rhodes-Vivour, who administered oaths to the new SANs.
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
- COVID-19: 6 Die Of Complications As 8 Doctors Test Positive In FMC Asaba
- Osun Federated Chapel Of NUJ Expresses Sadness Over Folakemi Alonge’s Death