The 36 State Governors of Nigeria are to meet President Muhammadu Buhari, as soon as possible, to address security challenges across the country.
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) made this known in a communiqué signed by Kayode Fayemi, its Chairman and Governor of Ekiti State, after its 22nd teleconference meeting on Friday in Abuja.
The communique explained that Buhari would particularly speak in the light of the attack on rice farmers in Borno State.
It also said that the governors endorsed two proposals on infrastructure development funds’ loans.
According to the communique, the NGF agreed to: “direct State Attorneys-General to review the Water Resources Bill and send their input to the NGF secretariat as quickly as possible and to support the planned “COVID-19 Testing Week’ to be launched by the Presidential Task Force.”
- Gov Ikpeazu Dissolves State Executive Council
- Breaking: APC Postpones Membership Registration
- Sunday Igboho: You Can’t Threaten Us With War, Afenifere Dares ACF
- Meet Adekunle Sikiru Yakub (ABACUS); Candidate, National Publicity Secretary, Ospoly Iree Alumni Association
- Fulani Herdsmen: FG Must Treat Southwest Issue With Caution, Says Dino Melaye
News5 days ago
Osun Assistant Commissioner Of Police, 2 Officers In Trouble Over Alleged Killing Of Ram Merchant
News4 days ago
Pan Yoruba Summit: It’s Unpatriotic For Yinka Odumakin To Say They Were Not Properly Briefed, Says Adeboye Adebayo
News5 days ago
Crisis Brews In Enugu Community Over Seniority Claims
News3 days ago
Seven Kidnappers Arrested In Osun As Two Other Abducted Travellers Regain Freedom