An officer in the Osun State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Sunday Dada, has been detained for shooting an operative of Department of the State Services, Seyi Adebowale, while both men were on official duty.
The incident, according to findings, occurred in Kuta town on September 15, during the visit of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai, to Osun State.
The two men and other security personnel were said to have returned to the palace of Olowu Kuta late in the evening, after completing their duties, which involved escorting Buratai to the places he visited during the trip to the state.
As a result of the injuries sustained, Adebowale, who was said to have been hit in the lower abdomen, later died at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, on Monday, September 28, after undergoing two surgical procedures.
The deceased, it was further learnt, was buried on Friday in Ogun State.
When contacted, the spokesperson for the Osun command of the NSCDC, Daniel Adigun, said the incident was due to an operational error.
Source : Punch
- Pan Yoruba Summit: It’s Unpatriotic For Yinka Odumakin To Say They Were Not Properly Briefed, Says Adeboye Adebayo
- Breaking: Any Malaria-like Symptoms Should Be Considered COVID-19 – Lagos Gov, Sanwo-Olu
- Jealous Housewife Stabs Husband’s Fiancée To Death
- Tinubu ‘Most Qualified’ To Succeed Buhari In 2023, Says Oluwo
- Between The Cross Rivers Magistrates And Osun Lawmakers By Adewale .S
News1 day ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News2 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News5 days ago
Osun NUJ Holds Commendation Service for Late Folakemi Alonge
News3 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development