The immediate past commissioner for Information and Strategy in Osun State, Mr Adelani Baderinwa was on Friday honoured by the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Ekiti State Council.
Baderinwa was honoured with an “Award of Excellence for Selfless Service to the NUJ and National Development” by the union.
The journalist turned politician is the Pioneer Chairman of the NUJ in Ekiti state between 1997 and 2000 while serving as the correspondent of the Sketch Newspaper.
He had been the Secretary of NUJ in Oyo state between 1993 and 1995.
As a media practitioner, Baderinwa had worked with the NTA, the Public Relations Unit of Asamu Group of Companies, Vanguard Newspaper, Bende State University, Sketch Press and many other organizations.
Baderinwa is a former Chief Press Secretary to Chief Bisi Akande, when he was the governor of the state. Due to his efficiency, Baderinwa is still managing Akande’s media affairs till this moment.
The Ikirun born journalist is a former Senior Special Assistant to Governor Rauf Aregbesola on Information and Strategy, before he became the commissioner for the same ministry in 2017.
Until the inauguration of Governor Adegboyega Oyetola’s cabinet members two weeks ago, Baderinwa was the Supervisor for the Ministry of Information and Strategy, as appointed by the Governor.
- 2023: Emir Lauds Jack-Rich’s humanitarian Strides In Bauchi, Urges Politicians To Play Politics With Decorum
- Police Nab Ogun Teacher For Defiling 13-year-old Pupil
- 2023: Osun NNPP Disowns Ajadi, Says He Has No Name In The Party’s Register
- ‘I’m In This Race To The End’-House Of Rep Aspirant, Olateju Denies Stepping Down
- Electoral Body, INEC Deploys 10,269 Electoral Officers For Ekiti Governorship Election