By Jide Afolabi, Lagos
Governorship elections in Bayelsa and Kogi states will hold simultaneously on November 2, 2019 according to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
According to the INEC National Commissioner who is in charge of publicity and voters education, Barrister Festus Okoye in a statement on Tuesday affirmed that the elections would hold same day.
It is expected that the major political parties especially, the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, and the main opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, would slug it out in these states.
It is not clear whether INEC is ready for the elections given the fact that it just concluded the 2019 General Elections in the country.
- Meet First-Class Engineering Graduate Who Sells Kerosene For A Living
- I’m Going To Marry Three Men With My Money When I Clock 40 – Toyin Lawani
- EFCC Detains Kwara TV GM, Three Others For Land Fraud
- See List Of 23 Nigerians To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia
- 50% of Litigation In Oyo Are Land Related – Commissioner
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News3 days ago
Monarch Condemns Arson In Osun Community, Threatens Legal Action Against Trouble Makers
News5 days ago
Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
Crime3 days ago
Ondo: Woman Tortures Daughter To Death, Escapes With Corpse In Hospital
News4 days ago
Breaking: Buhari Announces Portfolios Of New Ministers As Aregbesola Becomes Interior Minister