The Movement For Good Governance Initiative (MGGI) has congratulated Nigerians and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on the success of the Feb. 23, Presidential election.
The group in a statement signed by the spokesperson Gbenga Joel, also felicitate with President Mohammadu Buhari on his re – election by Nigerians.
The group expressed dissatisfaction about the disenfranchisement and pockets of violence and deaths in some parts of the country during the elections, hoping that future elections would be better.
MGGI commended INEC for rising above its enormous challenges as well as the contributions of the security agencies, saying “Nigerians are the winners.”
According to the statement, some real progress were made in the last four years and the reward of good work can only be more work.
It said that governance was beyond partisanship and should be all inclusive, urging the ruling party to explore the reasons why many people voted against the party before 2023 elections.
“On behalf of the convener, MGGI, Lekan Shobo Shobowale, we congratulate all Nigerians for this feat and wish the President good health and wisdom needed to pilot the affairs of the nation”, the statement added.
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form
- Just In: Kwara Gov Announces Minor Cabinet Reshuffle
- Just In: Plateau Chief Of Staff Tests Positive For COVID-19