To this end, the government said that the train will convene passengers on Thursday June 14, 2018 from Lagos down to Osogbo ahead of the weekend celebration of the end of the annual fasting period by Muslim faithful.
The train is expected to leave the Ido Terminus of the Nigerian Railway Corporation at 10am.
A statement by the Ministry of Commerce, Industries and Cooperatives, enjoined holiday makers coming to Osogbo, and state Osun to make use of the opportunities offered by the free train to come home and celebrate with their families and other loved ones.
The statement which was signed by the Commissioner for Commerce, Industries and Cooperatives. Hon. Ismail Adekunle Jayeoba-Alagbada, further explained that the train is billed to return to Lagos after the eid-il-fitr celebration on Monday 18th of June 2018.
“We wish to inform indigenes of Osun who are resident in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo that as usual, this government has concluded all necessary arrangements to make this year’s festival as comfortable as possible for them by making available our free train.
“We urge our people to take advantage of this trip as well to avail themselves of our various developmental projects that have changed the face of Osun,” the statement said.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies