In what appears to be a twist to the siege on the National Assembly by security operatives on Tuesday, the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has sacked the Director-General of the Department of State Service, Lawal Daura.
The DSS and the Police had locked down the National Assembly on Tuesday, even as the Senate leadership had scheduled a meeting to hold in the chambers in the afternoon.
Lawmakers who came with the hope of attending the meeting were denied entry into the Assembly by the security operatives.
Lawmakers elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress had dissociated themselves from the security operatives’ actions, even as the opposition Peoples Democratic Party had accused the Executive and APC lawmakers of an attempt to truncate democracy.
Osinbajo’s spokesman, Laolu Akande, disclosed Daura’s sacking on his Twitter handle, @akandeoj.
He wrote, “AgP Yemi Osinbajo has directed the termination of the appointment of the DG of the DSS, Mr. Lawal Musa Daura.”
- Yoruba Monarch Commends Nigerian Army Over Fight Against Insurgents, Armed Banditry
- 19-Year-Old Boy Jailed In Osun For Stealing
- Ilerioluwa Development Initiative Boosts Agriculture In Osun, Distributes Cheques To Women In Agriculture
- Oyintiloye Football Club FC Emerges Third Best Football Club In Osun
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News5 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News4 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News3 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured