The Special Adviser to Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola on Cooperatives, Barrister Gbenga Awosode has resigned his position from the state government and membership of the ruling-All Progressives Congress (APC).
Available information has revealed that Awosode sent his resignation letters to the state governor and the state party leadership yesterday.
It was further gathered that the senior government official took the decision on the need to further his political aspiration in the newly-founded Action Democratic Party (ADP).
Awosode’s resignation letters to Governor Aregbesola and the APC leadership have attracted mixed reactions from political observers both within and outside the government.
It would be recalled that the ruling-APC in the state has in recent times suffered mass exodus of its members to ADP including the State Deputy Chairman and eight members of the State Executive Committee of the APC in the state.
Other members of the party that had defected to the ADP include Ward Chairmen and their exco members.
- Yoruba Monarch Commends Nigerian Army Over Fight Against Insurgents, Armed Banditry
- 19-Year-Old Boy Jailed In Osun For Stealing
- Ilerioluwa Development Initiative Boosts Agriculture In Osun, Distributes Cheques To Women In Agriculture
- Oyintiloye Football Club FC Emerges Third Best Football Club In Osun
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News5 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News4 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News3 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured