The Federal Government has postponed 2017 retreat for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Secretaries to State Governments indefinitely.
The Director of Press in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Bolaji Adebiyi, in a statement in Abuja on Friday said that the retreat which was scheduled to hold April 23 to April 25 in Yola, Adamawa.
He added that a new date would be announced soon.
“The annual retreat of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation with Secretaries to the State Governments scheduled to hold in Yola, Adamawa State, has been postponed.
“A new date will be communicated to all participants and invited guests in due course.
“The office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation regrets any inconvenience.’’
Although, the reason for the postponement was not disclosed as at the time of filing in this report, there are pointers to the fact that the event was put off due to the recent suspension of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal due to continued public outcry over allegations of corruption on the award of contracts in the Presidential Initiative on the North East handled by his office in 2016.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi