The Police Commissioner in Enugu State, Nwodibo Ekechukwu, was terminated from his post today following a series of clashes between Enugu State residents and Fulani herdsman.
Enugu State has experienced significant bloodshed from attacks from Fulani herdsman and communal violence, including one attack in April leaving at least 48 people dead with houses and property burned to the ground.
The violence has sparked demonstrations across Nigeria and in cities across the world. Many protesters are calling for President Buhari to take action against the Fulani herdsman suspects and protect the lives of Nigerian civilians.
Mr. Ekechukwu is being replaced by CP Emmanuel Ojukwu, according to official statements.
- Eid-il-fitri: Osun LG Commissioner Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Uphold Lessons Of Ramadan
- Sallah: Osun Political Affairs Commissioner, Akeju Felicitates Muslims, Urges National Peace
- RUGIPO Management Denies Asset Sharing Allegations
- Eid-El-Fitri: Olowu Congratulates Muslims, Urges To Propagate Peace
- Kidnappers Kill Kaduna Boy After Collecting N5m Ransom
News5 days ago
Afe Babalola Dares Presidency, Goes Ahead With Plan To Organise National Confab Despite FG Warning
News5 days ago
Iwo/Ile Ogbo Communal Clash: How Palace Guard Killed Policeman
News3 days ago
God Will Not Forgive Buhari – Aare Gani Adams
News4 days ago
You’re A Blessing To Yoruba Race, Aremo Felicitates Asiwaju Tunde Badmus At 75