Connect with us


Tragedy As Filmmaker Commits Su!cide Two Months After Narrating On She Was R@ped At Work



Violet Avoid, a Zimbabwean filmmaker has committed su!cide just a day after celebrating her 33rd birthday.

Violet reportedly took her life by ingesting rat poison. This occurred two months after she narrated how her life spiralled out of control and took a turn for the worst after she got r@ped during a work function.

According to iHarere News, Violet disclosed that after a night of wild drinking, she woke up the next morning and found out she had been r@ped. She expressed confusion and distress, unable to identify the perpetrator who took advantage of her while she was in a drunken stupor.

Following the distressing discovery, she chose not to confide in anyone, not even her husband whom she had left at home. Instead, she opted to take morning-after pills, hoping to prevent pregnancy, the report stated.

Upon returning home, she refrained from disclosing the incident to her husband or reporting the r@pe. She continued with her life, although consumed by guilt. Eventually, she began noticing pregnancy symptoms and confirmed her suspicions through a test, discovering she was pregnant. Shocked by this revelation, she briefly contemplated attributing the pregnancy to her husband, yet that seemed implausible as he had been away for at least three months.

Feeling trapped with no viable options, she continued concealing her pregnancy from her husband. However, as time passed, her husband began noticing telltale signs and confronted her. Despite his inquiries, she vehemently denied being pregnant.

The stress took a toll on her health, making her ill. Concerned for her well-being, her husband suggested seeking medical help, but she refused, leading to a heated argument. Matters escalated when her husband’s friend, also her boss, intervened, resulting in a physical altercation. Her husband was seriously injured after her boss knocked him over and he hit his head on the corner of the table leading to him being hospitalised.

After her husband was discharged, her situation worsened when he told her to pack her bags and leave.

With no money or family, life’s challenges weighed heavily on her, ultimately leading her to make the tragic decision to end her life.