The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recorded 35 new cases of COVID-19 infections in the last week of December 2022.
It stated on its website on Wednesday that 22 of the cases were recorded in the FCT; 10 were recorded in Lagos State; two were recorded in Delta, while one was recorded in Plateau.
The cases were recorded between Dec. 24 and Dec. 30, 2022, it added.
The new cases increased Nigeria’s total infection to 266,450 and 3,155 deaths since the outbreak of the pandemic in 2019.
The NCDC stated that 3,451 people were currently down with the virus, while 259,841 people had been treated and discharged nationwide.
It called on Nigerians to disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly to prevent the spread of the virus and other infectious diseases.
It stressed that vaccines were one of the best tools to combat the virus and encouraged Nigerians to get vaccinated
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Foreign News5 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News5 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News5 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies