The Indian air force says it has spotted the wreckage of its AN-32 transport plane nine days after it went missing near the border with China, but the fate of 13 people on board is still not known.
Local administrator Mito Dirchi says a ground search team is on its way to the crash site in a heavily wooded and uninhabited mountainous terrain in Shi Yomi district in northeastern Arunachal Pradesh.
The air force said in a tweet Tuesday that the wreckage was spotted by a helicopter at an elevation of nearly 12,000 feet (3,657 meters).
The plane was flying to a high-altitude airstrip in Mechuka, a small town about 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the India-China border in Arunachal Pradesh state.
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
- Ex-Sierra Leone President Under House Arrest Amid Coup Investigation
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News1 day ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.